Today, I am blessed to have here with me one of the region’s leading and most experienced urologists, Dr. Bruce Sloane. He is a specialist in Men’s Health issues and Age Management Medicine. Dr. Sloane helps his patients take control of their aging process, increase their health span and enjoy a higher quality, more vigorous life. Dr. Sloane provides state-of-the-art diagnostics and treatments for urinary tract and bladder disorders, enlarged prostate (benign prostate hyperplasia), prostate cancer and urinary incontinence.
Patients seek his expertise to treat erectile dysfunction and other sexual performance issues. Dr. Bruce Sloane is well known not only for his technical ability, but for his sensitivity, compassion and high attention to detail; hallmarks of his private practice. Certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners and the American Board of Urology, he is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons as well as the Philadelphia College of Physicians.
A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, Dr. Sloane received his medical degree from Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse, NY. He completed his residency in General Surgery at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY, and his residency in Urology at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Sloane is affiliated with Hahnemann University Hospital, Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and Roxborough Memorial Hospital.
In this episode, Dr. Sloane opens the show by explaining how he became passionate about men’s health. As a urologist, Dr. Sloane seeks to help men with all facets of their lives. Then, Dr. Sloane digs deep into erectile dysfunction and what will help with men’s sexual health. Nitric oxide is a crucial molecule for erections – Dr. Sloane reveals how you can naturally increase those levels within your body. Later, we chat all about prostate health, porn brain, and GAINSWave.
[01:20] Why Dr. Sloane Wanted To Get Involved With Men’s Health
- In medical school, Dr. Sloane realized that the doctors having a good time in life were urologists.
- So, Dr. Sloane got himself interested in urology.
- Later, Dr. Sloane wanted to promote more wellness. As a urologist, it was a perfect fit.
- Also, Dr. Sloane got himself interested in age management medicine, functional medicine, and peptides.
[07:20] What Dr. Sloane Looks At When Treating Erectile Dysfunction
- First, Dr. Sloane checks free and total testosterone levels. However, the first test is not accurate.
- Nitric oxide is a key molecule for erections.
- When you hit 50, your levels of nitric oxide getting produced by the endothelial in your body decline drastically.
- Nitric oxide is a very important molecule in terms of just overall cardiovascular health, especially with erections.
- Also, Dr. Sloane will have a conversation about diet and exercise with his patients.
[10:05] How To Boost Nitric Oxide Without Supplementation
- Diet is a big one when it comes to increasing nitric oxide levels.
- Dr. Sloane recommends adding these foods to your diet:
- Bok choy
- After adding those foods to your diets, there are some other ways to improve nitric oxide levels:
- Good sleep
- Nose breathing
[12:45] What You Can Do To Improve Your Prostate Health
- Lots of greens are going to be good for your prostate.
- A good diet with minimal sugar and carbs will be good for your prostate health.
- Dr. Sloane recommends checking out these supplements: https://theralogix.com/
- Prostate cancer is genetically related. So make sure that you are getting tested regularly.
- Genetic screening and genetic counseling could be a great way of prevention.
[19:55] How Porn Brain Is Affecting Our Quality of Life
- Porn brain has been debated; some people do not feel that exists.
- However, Dr. Sloane says that porn is addicting.
- Men have to mimic the porn in their real sexual life, but they can't. So, they have a hard time getting turned on.
- Plus, porn leads to desensitization.
- Even with Instagram, it’s an unattainable goal and a real issue.
[22:50] All About GAINSWave And The Benefits of Using It
- GAINSWave is the premium brand of extracorporeal shockwave therapy for ED, performed by our network of highly-trained medical providers.
- It has been used in Europe for many years.
- The waves will break up any blockages the blood vessels have. Most of the time, ED is a blood vessel problem.
- GAINSWave will increase blood flow to the penis.
- It works about 75-80% of the time, and it's not covered by insurance.
- The worst thing that can happen is that it does not work.
- You have to be in good health in order to respond to GAINSWave.
- Learn more about GAINSWave: https://gainswave.com/
[30:15] The Role That Sleep Plays When It Comes To Your Sexual Health
- Sleep is a big deal.
- You have to maximize sleep as good as you can for what your body needs.
- We have to gear the conversation of sleep to your sleep habits.
- If you have poor sleep habits, you will run into problems.
- Sleep problems will make sexual issues worse.
[34:40] The Reasons That Dr. Sloane Is Such A Big Fan of Peptides
- There are certain peptides, when given to the body, make your body do what it should be doing that it's not doing right now.
- So peptides could make your body create growth hormones.
- Peptides are signaling molecules.
- You can use peptides for healing and inflammation.
[37:20] The Four Main Things You Should Do After Listening To This Episode
- 1. Stop using Google for everything.
- 2. Eat real food.
- 3. Exercise regularly.
- 4. Personal development. Keep yourself thinking and stay ahead – don’t get lazy.
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources from this episode:
- Check out Dr. Sloane’s Website: https://philaurology.com/the-practice/bruce-b-sloane/
- Call Dr. Sloane: 215-563-1199
- Follow Dr. Sloane
- Check out Theralogix: https://theralogix.com/
- Learn more about GAINSWave: https://gainswave.com/
- Join the Keto Kamp Academy: https://ketokampacademy.com/7-day-trial-a
- Watch Keto Kamp on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUh_MOM621MvpW_HLtfkLyQ